Last night I put the finishing touches on my mini ammonite study, it took me a longer than I thought but I learned a few new techniques - like using alcohol with paint and experimenting with a clear gel medium (which didn't agree with my black ink at all for some reason - had to redo it all!) So needless to say, I learned a lot! Here are some pics while I'm waiting for the gel coating to dry...
Above is a view showing the sides, not as visible when it's placed in the wood frame but I thought painting them black would be kinda redundant seeing as the frame is already black!
Above: Side detail
There it is! I'll be putting another coating of gel on after this one is completely dry but this is pretty much the finished product! :) Pretty simple and straight forward, hope you like! ;)