Monday, October 17, 2011

Ammonite Inspired Mini Project

After pushing my way through a bit of a creative drought, I've been finding inspiration in the most unexpected places...this time, a used book store in Bragg Creek, AB... I was fortunate enough to find this book amongst the slightly tattered variety in the "Art" section :)

It's full of great photography of amazing works of art that are created naturally all around us (and that I for one have taken for granted as of late!)

This particular image struck a chord with me and I immediately had a little project in mind...

I had bought these two 3"x 3"x 1.5" canvases a while back with no idea what to do with them until now. 

Here's the start of my little project:

Below is the wood frame that's going to cradle it when it's ready to hang :)

Just finished doing a bit of black outlining and I can't wait to start blocking in some colour and shading! I don't expect this project to take me very long as I am really excited to see the end result! Hopefully I'll have the finished product to show you in the next couple of days ;)

That's it for tonight though! Off to sleep, good night everyone! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous find! I love Bragg Creek! I need to check out that book, it is right up my alley! Fabulous project, it will look stunning!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book Cindy. I like the project you have started. I just love shells and I can't wait to see it finished.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! :) I can't wait to see it finished either! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails