Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Largest Half Mandala I've Ever Done :)


This was a half mandala that I had finished about 2 months ago but didn't get the chance to post the process pics until now. It is one of my favourite paintings as well so I had to share ;) I have lots of pics to show you too! ;)

Below is the beginning of the background and it's various stages...
 

Adding some alcohol and some texture


Aaaaand some more alcohol and texture and a bit of sepia ink... :)

 


Below is a detail of the surface of the canvas, still wet

Then, the beginnings of the mandala...painted on my lap for the most part while watching movies ;)

 

Below, a few detail shots of the progress....



Almost finished! ;) yayy!



 

The finished piece... :)


 2ft x4ft
Mixed Media on Canvas
©WhiteVioletArt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails