Here are some results from my resin experimenting I mentioned in my last post. Sorry for the delay! It's been busy around here! ;)
First up, here is what one of the pieces looked like in the beginning with just oil pastel on wood - then coated with a matte fixative as a sealant.
After the first resin coating had cured, I went in to do some detailing over top of the resin with coloured Sharpies... (above)
Then I added some 3D paint to see what it was like and added some coloured rhinestones. It this pic you can see where I ran into some trouble with the resin on the bottom right of the piece. I'm guessing I missed a spot with my fixative and the oil pastel repelled the resin away. It just wouldn't stick no matter how many times I tried to go over it so I gave up and painted over it anyway and thought I'd see what happened with the second resin coating.
Ready for the 2nd coat...
Freshly coated pieces! Eeeee!
1 hour in and so far the resin is sticking to the problem spot, YAY!
This last pic is my major experimentation piece, trying new materials and techniques - paint pens, masking fluid, scratching designs into dry paint and more sharpies etc. It is definitely a style I am not accustomed to but we'll see how it looks in the end. This piece is going to get more "doodling" once this 2nd coating has cured and then a 3rd and final coat. Hopefully the layering will have give it some funky effects when it is all done! :)