Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Some "Zen Doodles"! :)

Lately I've been on a bit of a "zentangle/zendoodle" kick...and I love it! I know some of you out there have become total masters at this but I am still kinda new at it. I love this style of painting! It's very relaxing and stress-free! I find it a lot like painting a mandala but not necessarily circular...it's just letting your mind completely wander! Great way to unwind watching a movie or listening to music :)


Above is a small zendoodle I did a couple of nights ago on a 4x4" canvas.  I had started the background of this painting while house sitting a couple of years ago but never did anything with it, perfect for a zendoodle of sorts! I thought the blues and yellows would go well with a new gold "Pitt" pen I bought recently...also a new thing I thought I'd try...and love it as well :D

This next one is the first sketchbook zendoodle I did a little over a week ago...my favourite one so far. I used fluid acrylics, FW inks and paint pens - tonnes of fun!

 Mixed Media on Paper
11x17"
©WhiteVioletArt2012

The image below is the start of the latest sketchbook doodle I finished last night...I wasn't really liking it in the beginning but thought I'd finish it and see where it took me...glad I did!

"Violet Zen"
Mixed Media on Paper
11x17"
©WhiteVioletArt2012

Below: The finished product! Yayy! I used some FW "Pearlescent" inks so it was rather difficult to get a decent picture of it without some glare but I did my best ;) The next one I do will be on canvas or illustration board though as I enjoy creating the backgrounds with inks and washes, not so great with paper... :O but good practice! ;)

 "Violet Zen" Detail
 
I'm also finding zendoodles to be a great way to relieve creative blocks - highly recommended! :) Off create something new...and possibly have an early night! (no promises on that one though!) :D

On a side note, I finished this while zoning out to "The X-Files" on Netflix - I find it interesting how movies or music in the background, affects what I'm painting sometimes! ;) lol

3 comments:

  1. Your mixed media doodles are sooo amazing! They are so cool looking and I love the blacks and purples and the amazing drawings!it's so detailed and I love your color paletes! I can't believe your new at this! it's amazing and very fantastic!
    Your new follower,

    Duaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duaa! Thanks so much! These have been so much fun to make! Glad to make the new connection too! Thanks for the follow! :) :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this new expression of your art!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails