Saturday, November 3, 2012

The First of Four Mandalas as Part of a Weekend Show and Sale :)

Some exciting news this week, I've been invited to take part in a little holiday show and sale this weekend with a few other creative friends...I can't wait to see how it goes and to see some old friends I haven't seen in quite a while :)

Although I'll be bringing some abstract works, I thought I'd create a few new mandalas especially for the occasion ;) Here are a few process pics of the backgrounds and the first mandala of the 4 that I've been working on (almost done all 4, just one more to go!)

Below: The 4 backgrounds - completed and awaiting paint ;)

The pics below show a bit of the process of the first mandala...originally I thought the background was a bit bland and lacked contrasting colours but I think it turned out quite well in the end...

Below is the start of the mandala... no plan, just free handing it and seeing where it takes me...

A little further along...

And almost finished...just need to add a bit of colour...

A detail shot before adding some blue :)

And viola! The finished product :)

8x8"
Mixed Media on Wood
©White Violet Art 2012

I hope you like it! Off to go see what everyone else has been up to in blog land... I'm a little behind! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails