Saturday, August 28, 2010

This Week, "Sea Green"!

Hi Everyone!

It feels like its been forever once again although it's only been a week! This week was a ridiculously busy one for me and I didn't think I was going to have the time to paint but sure enough, where there's a will there's a way!

This weeks Creative Colour Challenge was "sea green" with the option of using two other colours of your choice. The theme of "to the sea" was assigned as well. I had no idea what to paint really so I just mixed up my colours and let my mind and brushes wander, kinda like therapy at the end of my hectic week! Lol :)

Here's what I came up with:
Acrylic on canvas board
6"x 8"
I don't feel as though this piece is quite finished and every time I look at it, I see areas that I want to revisit and fix! We'll see what happens with it in the near future but for now, it is enough. ;)

Now to do some much overdue blog surfing and see what the rest of you have been up to! :)
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

(posted from my iPhone, not as easy as I would have liked! Forgive the little glitches here and there! Lol)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow... this is absolutely gorgeous. I love drawing curvy waves and you have done a beautiful job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors!--it looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these colours, some of my favourites.
    I have loved all of your challenge pieces. So creative and vibrant. Just lovely
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay in my commenting here. RL got in the way again.

    I love the deep greens you have in this one. I gave some thought on how you might think it unfinished. Perhaps the background is not working with the foreground as well as it could? The squares/checkers might work better if replaced with smaller swirls that echo the foreground? ::throws around ideas:: It is a nice piece of work with some beautiful colours. Diane says above that it looks like stained glass and I totally agree. It has that slightly stressed glass look (and in that case the background works well). Lovely as usual.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Nutty
    (stealing an extra few more moments at the computer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gumnut, I totally agree with you about the background not working as well with the foreground as it should. I think that's whats bugging me. As well, it reminds me a bit of grafiti, like the waves are painted on a wall. Funny what you see when you stare at something long enough! :D

    Thanks for your comments everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails