Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sketches and Projects...



 
Water colour/India ink on paper
2.5"x 5.5"

Lately I've been inspired to pull out my sketchbook and just doodle for the sake of doodling... This week, I found inspiration from Blue Chair Diary's "Sunday Sketches", a new blog I found through Kristin Dudish.  Some great artists and ideas if you have time to take a peek. I really wanted to take part in this but I promised myself that I wouldn't start anymore "challenges" or projects until I have completed a few of the ones I have already started!

So, among one of these projects of mine is my Butterfly Mandala that some of you may remember.  It is finally getting some love again this weekend after much time and neglect.  The colour scheme has turned out to be a bit different than I had originally planned, some mistakes have been made and painted over and it's been put away and brought back out again more times than I can count! (I can't believe I started it in June! Wow!)

Tomorrow I will be posting updated pics, it is almost finished finally and I would love to hear your feedback!

Here's a little refresher in case some of you aren't familiar with this project:



I am sleepy and my eyes are burning so off to bed I go! Until tomorrow!

Good Night Everyone! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! And I think I will take a little visit over to Sunday Sketches--thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails