I thought I'd take this opportunity to remind myself of all the things in my life that I have to be thankful for...
1. Supportive family and friends - old and new
2. A roof over my head (last year our home was destroyed by flooding and we had to "relocate" to say the least... such a disaster! (see #1 again) Very appreciative of our warm, dry home!)
3. My messy little studio (it might be small but a few years ago, my drawing table was a main piece of furniture in my living room :D (along with my bed, LOL - gotta love studio apartments))
4. My health - physically and mentally
5. My job (love being able to have that extra day off every week to work on my art!)
6. Rediscovering my love for making art (yes, it went away for a while)
7. Finding this wonderful and invaluable online community of artists - I had no idea you were even out there!
8. The fact that over the last two days, I have filled my belly with turkey, squash, yummy veggies, potatoes and wine :)
Ahh... it feels good to remind myself that life's not so bad! ;)
On a side note, while taking breaks waiting for paint to dry today, I started "doodling" over my "doodle" from this post and I thought I'd share the results :)
Before the "redoodling"
On the same black background
On a white background taken in daylight
I sprayed on a fixative to seal the chalk and then put clear gesso over top. Then I went in with coloured pencil and acrylic ink. It was good to experiment! There is some detailing in the black spot to the right but it just didn't show up in any of the photos. Not a huge deal though... just a doodle! :)
Have a great week! :)